Av. Ali Ulvi Arikan, LL.M., Esq.
Bar Admissions:Istanbul Bar, New York State Bar
Ali Ulvi Arikan has participated in major M&A transactions, with a combined deal volume over five billion USD, advised foreign and local clients in general corporate law matters and in land development projects in Turkey and drafted various contracts in connection with a variety of commercial relations. His areas of expertise cover labor law as well, due to his work of preparation of employment contracts, conducting risk assessments and drafting of legal opinions related to labor law matters. He also has had the opportunity to conduct research regarding a variety of legal issues while drafting memoranda for both international and local clients. Mr. Arikan is a member of Istanbul Bar and New York State Bar.
- Fordham University Law School (New York, NY), LL.M. in Banking, Corporate and Finance Law
- Université de Galatasaray (Istanbul), LL.B.
- Istanbuler Gymnasium (Istanbul)
- Co-edited the Turkey section of Acquisition Finance, October 2011 issue
- Co-edited the Turkey section of the Getting the Deal Through, M&A 2009
- Co-edited the Turkey section of the International Comparative Guide to M&A 2009
- Co-edited the Turkey section of the Mergers & Acquisitions Review 2008
- ELSA Istanbul Law School on M&A, Bilgi University,“Legal due diligence in M&A transactions, safety nets used in M&A”
- ELSA Istanbul Law School on M&A, Bilgi University, “Legal due diligence in M&A transactions”
- E-Tohum Seminar, Ozyegin University, “Contracts required for e-commerce startups”
- E-Tohum Seminar, Ozyegin University, “Investment contracts”
- E-Tohum Seminar, Rixos Sungate, “Contractual tools governing a partnership with an investor”
- E-Tohum Seminar, Microsoft Turkey, “Company types under Turkish laws and contracts in investments”
- E-Tohum Seminar, ITU Teknokent, “Important issues for entrepreneurs while negotiating with investors”
- KOSGEB, Asia Headquarters, “Introduction to corporate law and contracts”
- KOSGEB, Asia Headquarters, “Basic contracts for entrepreneurs”
- Start-up Turkey, Rixos Antalya Downtown, “Control and exit rights in M&A transactions”
- German – Turkish Photovoltaic Symposium, Adile Sultan Palace, “Legal framework of rules and procedures applicable for transfer of unused electric energy into the system”
- Anadolu University, ”Talks with a Law Firm”